Trading Holidays on ADX
|Friday||Apr. 21, 2023||Eid Al Fitr|
|Tuesday||Jun 27, 2023||Arafat (Haj) Day|
|Wednesday||Jun 28, 2023||Eid Al Adha (Feast of Sacrifice)|
|Thursday||Jun 29, 2023||Eid Al Adha Holiday 1|
|Friday||Jun 30, 2023||Eid Al Adha Holiday 2|
|Friday||Jul 21, 2023||Al Hijri (Islamic New Year)|
|Friday||Sep 29, 2023||Birthday of Prophet Mohammad|
|Friday||Dec 01, 2023||Commemoration Day|
Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange ADX Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on ADX Exchange
As an international financial market, Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) operates on a set of annual holidays. In 2023, ADX will observe holidays on both religious and national occasions.
ADX exchange will be closed on the following days:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st, 2023
- Eid Al Fitr – Date to be announced according to the Islamic lunar calendar (usually two or three days, typically in May or June)
- Arafat Day – Date to be announced according to the Islamic lunar calendar (typically in July or August)
- Eid Al Adha – Date to be announced according to the Islamic lunar calendar (usually two or three days, typically in July or August)
- Islamic New Year – Date to be announced according to the Islamic lunar calendar (typically in August or September)
- Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday – Date to be announced according to the Islamic lunar calendar (typically in October or November)
- UAE National Day – December 2nd, 2023
It’s important to note that these holidays may be subject to change depending on the sighting of the moon and other religious or cultural considerations.
During the holidays, the trading platform will be closed, and trading will not be possible. However, investors can still place orders online through their brokers, which will be executed on the next trading day.In addition to these holidays, ADX may also close the market in the event of unexpected circumstances, such as natural disasters, political unrest, or technical issues.
It’s essential for investors to plan their trading activities in advance and keep track of the holiday schedule to avoid any potential disruptions to their investments. They can also check the ADX website or contact their brokers for more information on holiday schedules or any changes that may occur.
In conclusion, ADX observes several holidays throughout the year, including both religious and national occasions. During these holidays, the exchange is closed, and trading is not possible. It’s important for investors to be aware of the holiday schedule and plan their trading activities accordingly to avoid any potential disruptions to their investments. ADX is committed to providing a safe, efficient, and transparent trading environment, and its holiday schedule is an essential aspect of this commitment.