Trading Holidays on BVS
|Sunday||Jan. 01, 2023||New Year’s Day Holiday|
|Friday||Apr. 07, 2023||Good Friday|
|Monday||May 01, 2023||Labour Day|
|Monday||Jun 26, 2023||Feast of Saint Peter and Saint Paul|
|Monday||Sep 18, 2023||Independence Day|
|Monday||Oct 09, 2023||Day of the Race|
|Friday||Dec 08, 2023||Feast of the Immaculate Conception|
|Monday||Dec 25, 2023||Christmas|
Santiago Stock Exchange BVS Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on BVS Exchange
The Santiago Stock Exchange, also known as the Bolsa de Comercio de Santiago or BVS, is the primary stock exchange in Chile. The BVS plays a significant role in the Chilean economy, providing a platform for trading in equities, fixed income securities, and other financial instruments. Like most stock exchanges, the BVS observes certain holidays where it is closed for trading. In this article, we will discuss the BVS holidays for the year 2023.
The BVS has announced that it will observe a total of 13 holidays in the year 2023. On these days, the stock exchange will be closed, and there will be no trading activity. The holidays are as follows:
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Holy Thursday – Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Good Friday – Friday, April 7, 2023
- Labor Day – Monday, May 1, 2023
- Navy Day – Monday, May 22, 2023
- Saint Peter and Saint Paul Day – Thursday, June 29, 2023
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Day – Monday, July 17, 2023
- National Day – Friday, September 15, 2023
- Columbus Day – Monday, October 9, 2023
- All Saints’ Day – Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- Immaculate Conception Day – Friday, December 8, 2023
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25, 2023
- Banking Holiday – Friday, December 29, 2023
It is important to note that the BVS may also close on days that are not included in this list, in response to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, the BVS will announce the closure in advance.
Investors and traders who are active on the BVS should take note of these holidays and plan their trading activities accordingly. It is recommended that traders adjust their strategies and portfolios to account for the days when the stock exchange is closed. For example, traders may want to consider closing their positions ahead of the holiday or taking a break from trading altogether.
Furthermore, traders should also be aware of the impact that holidays in other countries may have on the BVS. The BVS is connected to other global markets, and if a major market is closed due to a holiday, it may affect trading activity on the BVS as well.
In conclusion, the BVS holidays for 2023 are an important consideration for investors and traders who are active on the stock exchange. By planning ahead and adjusting their strategies accordingly, traders can ensure that they are well-prepared for any potential disruptions in the market.