Trading Holidays on HOSE
|Monday||Jan. 02, 2023||New Year Holiday|
|Friday||Jan. 20, 2023||Tet holiday|
|Monday||Jan. 23, 2023||Tet holiday|
|Tuesday||Jan. 24, 2023||Tet holiday|
|Wednesday||Jan. 25, 2023||Tet holiday|
|Thursday||Jan. 26, 2023||Tet holiday|
|Monday||May 01, 2023||International Labor Day|
|Tuesday||May 02, 2023||Vietnamese Kings’ Commemoration Day|
|Wednesday||May 03, 2023||Liberation Day/Reunification Day|
|Friday||Sep 01, 2023||Independence Day|
|Monday||Sep 04, 2023||Independence Day Observed|
Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange HOSE Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on HOSE Exchange
Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HOSE) is the largest stock exchange in Vietnam, with a market capitalization of over $120 billion as of September 2021. Like all stock exchanges, HOSE observes certain holidays throughout the year. It’s important for investors and traders to be aware of these holidays to plan their trading strategies and schedules accordingly.
Here is a list of HOSE holidays for the year 2023:
- New Year’s Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023, in lieu of New Year’s Day.
- Lunar New Year: Monday, January 23 to Friday, January 27, 2023 The market will be closed from Monday, January 23 to Friday, January 27, 2023, for Lunar New Year.
- Hung Kings Commemoration Day: Friday, April 7, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, April 7, 2023, to commemorate Hung Kings.
- Reunification Day and Labor Day: Monday, May 1, 2023, and Tuesday, May 2, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, May 1, 2023, and Tuesday, May 2, 2023, to celebrate Reunification Day and Labor Day.
- National Day: Friday, September 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, September 1, 2023, to celebrate National Day.
It’s important to note that if any of the above holidays fall on a Saturday, the market will be closed on the preceding Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, the market will be closed on the following Monday.
While the above dates are the official HOSE holidays, the exchange may also close for unexpected events, such as natural disasters or public health emergencies. Investors and traders should always stay updated on any announcements from HOSE regarding changes to its trading schedule.
In conclusion, understanding the HOSE holidays for 2023 is crucial for investors and traders to plan their trading activities accordingly. By staying aware of the market’s schedule, investors can avoid missing out on important opportunities or unexpected events.