Trading Holidays on IDX
|Monday||Jan. 23, 2023||Chinese New Year|
|Wednesday||Mar 22, 2023||Bali Hindu New Year|
|Thursday||Mar 23, 2023||Bali Hindu New Year Holiday|
|Friday||Apr. 07, 2023||Good Friday|
|Friday||Apr. 21, 2023||1st Day of Eid-ul-Fitar|
|Monday||Apr. 24, 2023||2nd Day of Eid-ul-Fitar|
|Tuesday||Apr. 25, 2023||3rd Day of Eid-ul-Fitar|
|Wednesday||Apr. 26, 2023||4th day of Eid-ul-Fitar|
|Monday||May 01, 2023||International Worker’s Day|
|Thursday||May 18, 2023||Ascension Day of Jesus Christ|
|Thursday||Jun 01, 2023||Pancasila Day|
|Friday||Jun 02, 2023||Vesak Day|
|Thursday||Jun 29, 2023||Eid-al-Adha|
|Wednesday||Jul 19, 2023||Muharram / Islamic New Year|
|Thursday||Aug. 17, 2023||Independence Day|
|Thursday||Sep 28, 2023||Ascension of the Prophet|
|Monday||Dec 25, 2023||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday||Dec 26, 2023||Christmas Day Holiday|
Indonesia Stock Exchange IDX Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on IDX Exchange
The Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) is the primary stock exchange in Indonesia, providing a platform for companies to raise capital and for investors to trade stocks. Like all stock exchanges, IDX observes certain holidays throughout the year. It’s important for investors and traders to be aware of these holidays to plan their trading strategies and schedules accordingly.
Here is a list of IDX holidays for the year 2023:
- New Year’s Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023, in lieu of New Year’s Day.
- Chinese New Year: Monday, January 23, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, January 23, 2023, for Chinese New Year.
- Nyepi: Friday, March 10, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, March 10, 2023, for Nyepi, which is the Balinese Day of Silence.
- Good Friday: Friday, April 14, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, April 14, 2023, for Good Friday.
- Labor Day: Monday, May 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, May 1, 2023, for Labor Day.
- Ascension Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023 The market will be closed on Thursday, May 25, 2023, for Ascension Day.
- Eid al-Fitr: Monday, June 19, 2023, and Tuesday, June 20, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, June 19, 2023, and Tuesday, June 20, 2023, for Eid al-Fitr.
- Independence Day: Thursday, August 17, 2023 The market will be closed on Thursday, August 17, 2023, for Independence Day.
- Eid al-Adha: Wednesday, August 30, 2023, and Thursday, August 31, 2023 The market will be closed on Wednesday, August 30, 2023, and Thursday, August 31, 2023, for Eid al-Adha.
- Islamic New Year: Thursday, September 21, 2023 The market will be closed on Thursday, September 21, 2023, for Islamic New Year.
- Christmas: Monday, December 25, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, December 25, 2023, for Christmas.
It’s important to note that if any of the above holidays fall on a Saturday, the market will be closed on the preceding Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, the market will be closed on the following Monday.
While the above dates are the official IDX holidays, the exchange may also close for unexpected events, such as natural disasters or public health emergencies. Investors and traders should always stay updated on any announcements from IDX regarding changes to its trading schedule.
In conclusion, understanding the IDX holidays for 2023 is crucial for investors and traders to plan their trading activities accordingly. By staying aware of the market’s schedule, investors can avoid missing out on important opportunities or unexpected events.