Trading Holidays on LME
|Monday||Jan. 02, 2023||New Year’s Day Holiday|
|Friday||Apr. 07, 2023||Good Friday|
|Monday||Apr. 10, 2023||Easter Monday|
|Monday||May 08, 2023||Early May Bank Holiday|
|Monday||May 29, 2023||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Monday||Aug. 28, 2023||Summer Bank Holiday|
|Monday||Dec 25, 2023||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday||Dec 26, 2023||Boxing Day|
London Metal Exchange LME Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on LME Exchange
The London Metal Exchange (LME) is the world’s largest market for metals trading, offering futures and options contracts for base metals such as aluminum, copper, lead, nickel, tin, and zinc. LME has specific holidays throughout the year when the market is closed. Traders and investors must be aware of these holidays to plan their trading activities and schedules accordingly.
Here is a list of LME holidays for the year 2023:
- New Year’s Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023, in lieu of New Year’s Day.
- Good Friday: Friday, April 14, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, April 14, 2023, for Good Friday.
- Easter Monday: Monday, April 17, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, April 17, 2023, for Easter Monday.
- May Day Bank Holiday: Monday, May 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, May 1, 2023, for May Day Bank Holiday.
- Spring Bank Holiday: Monday, May 29, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023, for Spring Bank Holiday.
- Summer Bank Holiday: Monday, August 28, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, August 28, 2023, for Summer Bank Holiday.
- Christmas Day: Monday, December 25, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, December 25, 2023, for Christmas Day.
- Boxing Day: Tuesday, December 26, 2023 The market will be closed on Tuesday, December 26, 2023, for Boxing Day.
It is important to note that if any of the above holidays fall on a weekend, the market will be closed on the following business day. Additionally, LME may close unexpectedly for events like natural disasters or public health emergencies, and traders and investors should stay updated on any announcements from LME regarding changes to its trading schedule.
In conclusion, understanding the LME holiday schedule for the year 2023 can help traders and investors plan their trading activities and schedules accordingly. By keeping track of the LME holidays, traders can avoid missed trading opportunities and plan their investment strategies.