Trading Holidays on MSE
|Monday||Jan. 02, 2023||New Year’s Day Holiday|
|Friday||Feb. 10, 2023||Feast of St Paul’s Shipwreck|
|Friday||Mar 31, 2023||Freedom Day|
|Friday||Apr. 07, 2023||Good Friday|
|Monday||May 01, 2023||Workers’ Day|
|Wednesday||Jun 07, 2023||Sette Giugno|
|Thursday||Jun 29, 2023||Feast of St Peter and St Paul|
|Tuesday||Aug. 15, 2023||Feast of the Assumption|
|Friday||Sep 08, 2023||Victory Day|
|Thursday||Sep 21, 2023||Independence Day|
|Friday||Dec 08, 2023||Immaculate Conception|
|Wednesday||Dec 13, 2023||Republic Day|
|Monday||Dec 25, 2023||Christmas Day|
Malta Stock Exchange MSE Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on MSE Exchange
The Malta Stock Exchange (MSE) is the primary stock exchange in Malta and plays a crucial role in the country’s economic growth. As with all stock exchanges, the MSE is closed on certain holidays throughout the year. It is important for traders and investors to know these holidays to plan their trading activities and schedules accordingly.
Here is a list of MSE holidays for the year 2023:
- New Year’s Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, January 2, 2023, in lieu of New Year’s Day.
- Feast of St. Paul’s Shipwreck: Wednesday, February 10, 2023 The market will be closed on Wednesday, February 10, 2023, for the Feast of St. Paul’s Shipwreck.
- Good Friday: Friday, April 14, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, April 14, 2023, for Good Friday.
- Freedom Day: Friday, April 21, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, April 21, 2023, for Freedom Day.
- Labour Day: Monday, May 1, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, May 1, 2023, for Labour Day.
- Feast of the Assumption: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 The market will be closed on Tuesday, August 15, 2023, for the Feast of the Assumption.
- Independence Day: Friday, September 21, 2023 The market will be closed on Friday, September 21, 2023, for Independence Day.
- Republic Day: Monday, December 11, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, December 11, 2023, for Republic Day.
- Christmas Day: Monday, December 25, 2023 The market will be closed on Monday, December 25, 2023, for Christmas Day.
It is important to note that if any of the above holidays fall on a weekend, the market will be closed on the following business day. Additionally, the MSE may close unexpectedly for events like natural disasters or public health emergencies, and traders and investors should stay updated on any announcements from the MSE regarding changes to its trading schedule.
In conclusion, understanding the MSE holiday schedule for the year 2023 can help traders and investors plan their trading activities and schedules accordingly. By keeping track of the MSE holidays, traders can avoid missed trading opportunities and plan their investment strategies.