Trading Holidays on MYX
|Monday||Jan. 02, 2023||New Year Holiday|
|Monday||Jan. 23, 2023||Chinese New Year|
|Tuesday||Jan. 24, 2023||2nd day of Chinese New Year|
|Monday||Feb. 06, 2023||Thaipusam (Many Regions)|
|Friday||Apr. 21, 2023||Hari Raya Puasa (Day 1)|
|Monday||May 01, 2023||Labour day|
|Monday||Jun 05, 2023||Agong’s Birthday|
|Friday||Jun 23, 2023||Hari Raya Haji|
|Thursday||Aug. 31, 2023||National Day|
|Tuesday||Sep 19, 2023||Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday|
|Thursday||Sep 28, 2023||Awal Muharram|
|Monday||Nov. 13, 2023||Deepavali / Diwali|
|Monday||Dec 25, 2023||Christmas Day|
Malaysia Stock Exchange MYX Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on MYX Exchange
If you’re an investor planning to trade on the Malaysia Stock Exchange (MYX) in 2023, it’s important to be aware of the exchange’s holiday schedule to avoid any missed trading opportunities. In this article, we’ll provide you with a complete list of MYX trading holidays for 2023.
The MYX, also known as Bursa Malaysia, is the primary stock exchange in Malaysia, where domestic and international stocks are traded. The MYX is open five days a week, from Monday to Friday, with trading hours from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Malaysian Time (MYT). However, the exchange is closed on weekends and public holidays, so it’s essential to know when those days are.
Here are the MYX trading holidays for 2023:
- Sunday, January 1: New Year’s Day (observed)
- Monday, January 2: New Year’s Day (observed)
- Tuesday, January 31: Thaipusam
- Thursday, February 9: Chinese New Year (day 1)
- Friday, February 10: Chinese New Year (day 2)
- Monday, April 24: Israk and Mikraj
- Monday, May 1: Labor Day
- Thursday, May 11: Wesak Day
- Saturday, June 3: Agong’s Birthday
- Sunday, June 25: Hari Raya Aidilfitri (day 1)
- Monday, June 26: Hari Raya Aidilfitri (day 2)
- Wednesday, August 30: National Day
- Sunday, September 10: Awal Muharram
- Friday, September 1: Malaysia Day
- Saturday, October 21: Deepavali
- Thursday, December 21: Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday
- Monday, December 25: Christmas Day
It’s important to note that while the MYX is closed on the above-listed holidays, other stock exchanges around the world may remain open, potentially impacting trading activity.
Furthermore, it’s always a good idea to check the MYX’s website or other reliable sources for any unexpected closures or changes to the holiday schedule. This is especially important if you have pending orders or open positions in the market.
In conclusion, being aware of the MYX trading holidays in 2023 can help you plan your investment strategies and avoid any missed opportunities. Stay up-to-date with the holiday schedule and check for any changes or closures to ensure you stay on top of your trading game.