Trading Holidays on NDXB
|Thursday||Apr. 20, 2023||Eid Al Fitr|
|Friday||Apr. 21, 2023||Eid Al Fitr Day 2|
|Tuesday||Jun 27, 2023||Arafat (Haj) Day|
|Wednesday||Jun 28, 2023||Eid Al Adha (Feast of Sacrifice)|
|Thursday||Jun 29, 2023||Eid Al Adha Holiday 1|
|Friday||Jun 30, 2023||Eid Al Adha Holiday 2|
|Wednesday||Jul 19, 2023||Al Hijri (Islamic New Year)|
|Wednesday||Sep 27, 2023||Birthday of Prophet Mohammad|
|Friday||Dec 01, 2023||Commemoration Day|
Nasdaq Dubai NDXB Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on NDXB Exchange
Nasdaq Dubai is a leading financial exchange located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The exchange offers trading in various financial instruments, including equities, bonds, and futures. As with any financial exchange, Nasdaq Dubai has its own trading calendar, including holidays when the exchange is closed. In this article, we will take a closer look at the Nasdaq Dubai NNDXB Holidays for 2023.
Firstly, it’s important to note that Nasdaq Dubai follows the Islamic calendar for its holidays. The Islamic calendar is a lunar-based calendar, with each month starting with the sighting of the new moon. As such, the dates for Islamic holidays may vary slightly from year to year when compared to the Gregorian calendar, which is used in most of the western world.
Nasdaq Dubai NNDXB Holidays for 2023 are as follows:
- New Year’s Day: Sunday, 1st January 2023
- Eid Al Fitr: Estimated to start on Tuesday, 30th May 2023 and continue for three days. Please note that this date is subject to confirmation based on the sighting of the new moon.
- Arafat Day: Monday, 21st August 2023
- Eid Al Adha: Estimated to start on Tuesday, 22nd August 2023 and continue for three days. Please note that this date is subject to confirmation based on the sighting of the new moon.
- Hijri New Year’s Day: Monday, 2nd October 2023
- Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday: Estimated to be on Sunday, 26th November 2023. Please note that this date is subject to confirmation based on the sighting of the new moon.
It’s important to note that these dates are subject to change, and any updates or changes will be communicated by Nasdaq Dubai in advance. It’s also worth noting that on some occasions, Nasdaq Dubai may close for additional days or have shortened trading hours during the holy month of Ramadan. Traders and investors are advised to stay up to date with any announcements from Nasdaq Dubai regarding holiday schedules and trading hours.
In conclusion, Nasdaq Dubai is an important financial exchange that follows the Islamic calendar for its holidays. Traders and investors should take note of the Nasdaq Dubai NNDXB Holidays for 2023, as the exchange will be closed on these days. It’s important to stay up to date with any announcements or changes to the holiday schedule to avoid any inconvenience or trading losses.