Trading Holidays on NSE
|Thursday||Jan. 26, 2023||Republic Day|
|Tuesday||Mar 07, 2023||Holi|
|Thursday||Mar 30, 2023||Ram Navami|
|Tuesday||Apr. 04, 2023||Mahavir Jayanti|
|Friday||Apr. 07, 2023||Good Friday|
|Friday||Apr. 14, 2023||Dr.Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti|
|Friday||Apr. 21, 2023||Id-ul-Fitr (Ramzan ID)|
|Monday||May 01, 2023||Maharashtra Day|
|Wednesday||Jun 28, 2023||Bakri Id / Eid ul-Adha|
|Tuesday||Aug. 15, 2023||Independence Day|
|Tuesday||Sep 19, 2023||Ganesh Chaturthi|
|Monday||Oct 02, 2023||Mathatma Gandhi Jayanti|
|Tuesday||Oct 24, 2023||Dasara|
|Sunday||Nov. 12, 2023||Diwali-Laxmi Pujan|
|Tuesday||Nov. 14, 2023||Diwali-Balipratipada|
|Monday||Nov. 27, 2023||Guru Nanak Jayanti|
|Monday||Dec 25, 2023||Christmas|
National Stock Exchange of India NSE Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on NSE Exchange
The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) is one of the leading stock exchanges in India, providing a platform for trading in various securities such as equities, derivatives, and mutual funds. As with any stock exchange, the NSE has its own trading calendar that includes holidays when the exchange is closed. In this article, we will take a closer look at the NSE Holidays for 2023.
The NSE follows the Indian holiday calendar for its trading schedule. The holidays recognized by NSE for 2023 are as follows:
- New Year’s Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Republic Day: Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Mahashivratri: Friday, February 24, 2023
- Holi: Monday, March 13, 2023
- Good Friday: Friday, April 7, 2023
- Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti: Friday, April 14, 2023
- Maharashtra Day: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Id-Ul-Fitr (Ramzan Id): Estimated to start on Wednesday, May 31, 2023, and continue for three days.
- Independence Day: Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Ganesh Chaturthi: Friday, August 25, 2023
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti: Monday, October 2, 2023
- Dussehra: Thursday, October 5, 2023
- Diwali-Laxmi Pujan: Sunday, October 22, 2023
- Diwali-Balipratipada: Monday, October 23, 2023
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Christmas: Monday, December 25, 2023
It’s important to note that while the NSE is closed on the above-mentioned holidays, other markets, including international markets, may be open for trading. It is recommended that traders and investors keep themselves informed of any market closures or shortened trading hours during the holiday season.
In addition to the above-mentioned holidays, the NSE may also have modified trading hours or early closures around certain holidays. Traders and investors should keep themselves updated on any announcements from NSE regarding holiday schedules and trading hours.
In conclusion, the National Stock Exchange of India is a prominent stock exchange in India that follows the Indian holiday calendar for its trading schedule. Traders and investors should take note of the NSE Holidays for 2023 to avoid any inconvenience or trading losses. It is important to stay up to date with any announcements or changes to the holiday schedule to ensure timely trading decisions.