Trading Holidays on TADAWUL
|Wednesday||Feb. 22, 2023||Founding Day|
|Sunday||Apr. 23, 2023||Eid-al-Fitr|
|Monday||Apr. 24, 2023||Eid-al-Fitr Holiday|
|Tuesday||Apr. 25, 2023||Eid-al-Fitr Holiday|
|Wednesday||Jun 28, 2023||Eid al-Adha|
|Thursday||Jun 29, 2023||Eid al-Adha Holiday|
|Sunday||Sep 24, 2023||National Day|
Saudi Stock Exchange TADAWUL Holidays 2023
What investors need to know about holidays on TADAWUL Exchange
The Saudi Stock Exchange, commonly known as TADAWUL, is a key financial institution in Saudi Arabia. As with any stock exchange, TADAWUL observes certain holidays throughout the year when trading activities are suspended. These holidays provide market participants with essential breaks, allow for administrative tasks, and ensure the smooth functioning of the exchange. This article aims to outline the holidays observed by the Saudi Stock Exchange in 2023 and discuss their impact on trading and investors.
TADAWUL Holidays in 2023
TADAWUL follows a predetermined holiday schedule. In 2023, the Saudi Stock Exchange will be closed on the following days:
- New Year’s Day: January 1st, 2023 (public holiday).
- Eid al-Fitr: Dates to be announced based on the Islamic lunar calendar (public holiday).
- Arafat Day: Dates to be announced based on the Islamic lunar calendar (public holiday).
- Eid al-Adha: Dates to be announced based on the Islamic lunar calendar (public holiday).
- Saudi National Day: September 23rd, 2023 (public holiday).
- Eid al-Ghadeer: Dates to be announced based on the Islamic lunar calendar (public holiday).
- Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday: Dates to be announced based on the Islamic lunar calendar (public holiday).
- Gregorian New Year’s Day: December 31st, 2023 (non-trading day).
Impact on Trading and Investors
The holidays observed by the Saudi Stock Exchange have a direct impact on trading activities and investor engagement. On these non-trading days, TADAWUL is closed, and investors cannot buy or sell securities listed on the exchange. Consequently, trading volumes and liquidity experience a significant decline during these periods.
For traders and investors, it is crucial to consider the TADAWUL holiday schedule when planning investment strategies and managing portfolios. Being aware of market closures allows investors to adjust their trading activities and timing of transactions accordingly. It is advisable to plan ahead and execute trades either before or after these holidays to avoid any potential disruptions.
Furthermore, the holiday breaks provide an opportunity for investors to review their investment portfolios, analyze market trends, and make informed decisions. This period of self-reflection allows investors to adjust strategies, rebalance portfolios, and align investments with long-term goals.
During the holiday season, it is important for investors to stay informed about global economic and financial news that may impact the market upon reopening. Significant events or developments during this period can influence investor sentiment and trigger market fluctuations when trading resumes.